.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Maria Lectrix

Public domain audiobooks, six days a week, for folks with a Catholic taste in literature. Enjoy! Clan Honor Mondays: Fitz-James O'Brien works. Lit Tuesdays: Short stories, novels, or poems. Acts of the Wednesdays: Early Christian works. Mystery Thursdays: Mystery short stories or novels. Lit Fridays: Short stories, novels, or poems. Saintly Saturdays: Later Christian works.

Mary reading to ChristA Vatican Library catalog page, 1518

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Criticize Me!



At this time, I'd like to point out that I do want comments. Most of all, I want some comments on how I read. Am I going too fast or too slow? Is my pitch too high or too low? Can you actually hear me read, or should I crank up the recording volume?

How about the poetry? I have been going against my natural inclination to lean on the actual rhythm and rhyme scheme, and trying this newfangled style where you read a poem like it was prose. I've decided that I don't really enjoy that much. If that was what the poet wanted, he wouldn't have worked so hard to put in the sound tricks, ne? So after the next poem, you'll be visited with my own natural style of reading poetry. If you actually like what I've been doing, now's your only chance to stop me!

Funny voices and accents are another issue. Well, I'm not an actor, and I do have previous experience reading for kids. So, no, I don't have any shame. Complain now or suffer more of the same!

I should probably also warn you that you will probably be forced to listen to occasional singing by me on this podcast, because if people quote a song they want you to sing it, right? (Just giving you warning in advance.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Miller said...

No criticism, just a thank you. I have enjoyed your readings so far.

http;//www.splendoroftruth.com/curtjester

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home